Fui T. Chan and Kaiyuan Chen Endowed Research Scholarship
The Fui T. Chan and Kaiyuan Chen Endowed Research Scholarship was established to provide support for undergraduate physics majors to pursue and conduct research under the supervision and mentorship of a faculty member in the Department of Physics.
Qualified applicants must:
- have a minimum cumulative U of A grade point average of 3.00
- be a full-time undergraduate at the sophomore, junior, or senior level at the time they receive the award
- have secured a U of A faculty member to supervise their research at the time they apply for the scholarship.
For students that are only applying for the Fui T. Chan and Kaiyuan Chen Endowed Research Scholarship please copy the verbiage below and paste in the General Application essay section:
The essay is not required. I am only applying for the Fui T. Chan and Kaiyuan Chen Endowed Research Scholarship. I will upload a research proposal.
Preference for this scholarship is given to applicants with financial need and students who are not currently enrolled in the Honors College.
The research scholarship shall be used to directly support the student’s research project. The recipient will also be required to write a report at the conclusion of their research project and provide a copy to be shared with the scholarship benefactor as part of their annual stewardship report.
Academic Colleges, Departments, and Units
Department of Physics
- This scholarship requires a faculty member to supervise your research. Please provide
the following information:
- Name of faculty member who has ALREADY agreed to supervise your research.
- Please upload your research project proposal as a pdf document. (ONLY pdf files will be reviewed.)
- Are you enrolled in the Honors College?
- As indicated in the General Application, some scholarships may take into account your financial need to some degree. If you have additional information you wish reviewers to consider, please provide a statement about your financial need (500 words max).
- Please describe any extenuating circumstances - other than financial - that may hinder your education. (These may be medical or other personal obstacles.) (750 words max)